Tube Amplifiers
Robert H asked:

I have to play the guitar cable to a hearing but I need a second guitar in advance as Rec rear track. I have allowed only a single amp? Re - extract a Marshall 100watt tube old - and other PA system. The suggestion on how to generate a consistent sound? If this amp? Re not working on some contemporary thoughts? Thank you. Robert H.


2 Comments so far

  1. joblasters on November 23, 2009 6:49 am

    not many people will know this. i advise that you go to a music shop and ask

  2. Ken C on November 24, 2009 10:25 pm

    It’s not an optimal thing, but it could possibly be done.

    It kind of depends on which Marshall you have. If it’s one of the old Super Leads with 4 inputs and two volume controls, then you could theoretically plug your music source into one of them and your guitar into the other. However, your EQ will be compromised between the guitar and the music source.

    If you only have one input, you could use a small external mixer to combine your guitar and music source, and then send it to the amp. However, that would require you to run the amp very clean. So, if you’re counting on the amp for distortion, this option is out.

    There are several practice amps out there now that have an input for a music source that bypasses the guitar preamp and EQ. So, you can have your guitar distorted and your music clean. Fender has a couple of amps like this now, as does Line 6. If you’re looking for a 1-box solution, this is probably your best bet.

    Good luck with the audition.

    Greetings from Austin, TX


Name (required)

Email (required)


Speak your mind