Vintage Receiver
ShyGirl asked:


1 Comment so far

  1. kabum on April 14, 2010 1:24 pm

    You guessed right.

    This can be accomplished, as you said, by purchasing an amplifier/receiver and appropriate speakers, or by using a boombox. Both will have input jacks for RCA plugs (pictured at the link below). These jacks may be labeled “phono” “cd” “tape” or “aux. (short for ‘auxiliary’).” You may use any of them. Just be sure to set the device switch on the amp to match. (In other words, if you plug the turntable into jacks labeled CD, set the amp to the CD setting).

    Just connect the two RCA cables that come out of the AT to the appropriate jacks on the amp/box, plug in the power cord, and you’re good to go. The plugs are usually color-coded. Just match the colors.

    For speakers, you will have to consult the manual of the receiver to determine just what speakers may be used according to how much power the amp produces. Obviously, if you use a boombox, it won’t matter.

    Good luck!


Name (required)

Email (required)


Speak your mind